"The Lord gave the word: great was the company of those that published it."

Psa. 68:11

I've been very busy working in the printing ministry for the last month...I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while:-) Tomorrow I'll try to post some photos of the new printing equipment we purchased and also of us working in the print shop.

I've posted my prayer letter for those of you who don't receive it in the mail...enjoy!


Getting timber for the fence

August, 2009

“Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.” Eccl. 9:10

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

Summer. For many people it means vacations, hot weather, and no school. As missionaries, it’s often the busiest time of the year as people in our village tend to stay in their houses in the winter. In the last two months we have been going non-stop with ministry, constructing a fence for our back property and printing. We also had four young people from our home church visit us for the month of June. They were a great blessing and encouragement as we worked and ministered together. One thing that missionaries miss on a foreign field is fellowship. I praise the Lord for the groups God sends to help us!

I have been very busy formatting the new Bible translation here in Romania. After formatting almost 1,500 pages on the computer in two different page sizes, I’m glad to have a break from the computer! We’re also printing the complete Bible, a huge job that has taken a lot of coordination and work. I praise the Lord that we were able to buy four new machines this month (new to us that is)! We bought a paper creaser, paper jogger, a larger manual paper cutter, and a hot foil embossing machine. The foil embosser will be used for book covers and other special projects. Please continue to pray that God will provide a color offset press for us; there’s a great need for quality tracts in Eastern Europe and we need this machine to print them.

The Lord has blessed me abundantly this month! He provided more printing equipment and also allowed me to sell my car (it wasn’t worth it to fix it). With the money from the sale of my car plus what I had saved I was able to buy a 2002 Mazda 4x4 truck. When I was looking they were 3,000 Euro more than I could afford. The Lord lead me to this truck and I was able to buy it for well below the market value! I would like to thank all my faithful supporters. I greatly appreciate your prayers and financial help.

Serving in Romania,


Adam Zander

6 responses to "July/August Prayer Letter"

  1. Wow! What a blessing for your family's ministry! (btw, I'm a friend of Ena and Arielle's in the blogging world). =:)

    Thank you for sharing your prayer letter on here! It is a great work that your family is doing and I am sure they appreciate all your hard work on these bibles! That is quite an undertaking! I have been praying for your family and I will continue to pray for all of you and your ministry there! =:D

    God Bless!
    ~Rachel~

    Rachel

  2. Thank you for your comment and prayers! Glad you enjoyed the prayer letter:-) God has been very good to use here in Romania; we really love it here and look forward to what God has for us!

    arzander

  3. I've been praying for you guys and your bible order.... That's great that you got new machines.... Maybe we could see some pictures of your print shop...:) and Congratulations on your new truck!!! pictures ?? :)

    Katie

  4. I like the picture of the caruta and horse!!

    arielle

  5. Truly an inspiration.
    I open a printing shop in March of this year. The Lord has just blessed in many ways. May God bless you and your dad for what you are doing.


    Blessings!
    Print2day in Lakeview Terrace, CA

    Anonymous

  6. There's also a Hungarian-speaking population too, isn't there?

    Anonymous